The requisit that we over looked is that you have to have at least 6months left on your current visa. My FM2 is up in December giving me only four months. The guy who was there to accept my application was so nice and worked with us very much. This is one reason we will not get a lawyer. This guy is not going to let us screw up if its not our intention. I say it that way because he basically counceled us on the best way to do things and said that if we chose to go ahead and file now he would have accepted out application. More or less he said if we had applied in July we would have had a better chance of D.F. overlooking the 6month rule. He also said that we could still apply and hope for them to over look it. He suggested for us to wait because if they did not over look it we may have to wait quite some time to get our money and paperwork back. This would cause a problem with my renewal on my FM2 in December. He said that our paperwork was complete but gave us some suggestions on how to polish it up a bit for a better chance at me getting it. He also gave us a better idea of what the interview would be and told me I needed to practice my spanish some more. (I was so nervous and was having a lot of difficulty speaking.) I think just being in the office one extra time before the actuall interview will help me.
I know in the long run having to wait is going to be better for the over all outcome but it came as a blow. I cried most of the way back to work.
Here is our current situation.
- We have to go to Tepa to get a different official copy of our marriage lic.,
- I will renew my FM2 in November (one month before its up) and have to pay that stinking thing one more time,
- my husband will then go to D.F. again for my carta (because by then the one we have will not be valid we are hoping me and the girls can go next time so we can visit with family),
- He suggested that I get another cirtified copy of my birth cirtificate because the one I hade was not blue but we are not going to do that,
- copy all pages of my passport (we only had the info page),
- get a migratory flow letter from Immigration (we will ask for this when I renew,apparently it only takes like a day to get it),
- Try to find a copy of my FM2 booklet( they recently went to a card form which for some reason does not have a certain number that he said could be helpfull to them, basically immigration doesnt use this number but external affairs does)
- Make three copies of all forms.
- He also suggested I read a book called Mexico tiera volcanos along with the book that is on the webpage. (http://www.colmex.mx/pdf/historiaminima.pdf)
- Again I want to give you the list that is provided by the office, or actually the web page(http://www.sre.gob.mx/index.php/carta-de-naturalizacion-por-haber-contraido-matrimonio-con-varon-o-mujer-mexicanos)