Monday, November 25, 2013

The Chicken or the Egg

That is my current question, and isnt the first time either. Im going to go back over a year ago in June of 2012. Wow that seems like forever ago. I wrote a blog about the reasons I felt it was necessary to move from Mexico to Canada.
Suprisingly after reading this blog post I feel the same today. I love Mexico but God is surely pushing us toward Canada. 
Then again in June I posted this And again still today we are doing the step by step thing. Taking the process as it comes, not looking behind nor to far ahead. 
The follwoing month in July of 2012 I posted this Basically saying if anyone wanted to help with our fees and such  there is a Donate button. A huge change in what immigraiton process we will be doing has occured which I will explain in a bit but the need for assistance for fees hasnt. Button is still there hint hint. hahahah ;)
After almost 6 months of not hearing much from me about Canada I posted this Which was my acceptance letter from the Canadian board of Nursing saying I could take the test. I was excited and scared to death at the same time. 
Well what happened next you may be wanting to know... if not dont read on. 

Well in April of this year I recived an email that almost shook me up. (Had God not been constanly reasuring me that this was his path I would have given up on the idea all together.)

Here is what the email said:
CARNA previously referred you to a Substantially Equivalent Competence (SEC) assessment with Mount Royal University (MRU) at one of their Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) assessment centres in Edmonton or Calgary.

Recently, MRU confirmed that it is no longer accepting bookings and that both Alberta IEN assessment centres will be closed as of June 30, 2013.

We are sorry that at this time it is not clear how this will impact your application for registration withCARNA. We understand that becoming a nurse in Alberta is important to you, and that you may be worried about how this will affect your application or feel frustrated by this uncertainty.

CARNA is also very concerned by the loss of SEC assessment services in Alberta and how the closure affects applicants like you. We are working with the Alberta government to address this serious situation as quickly as possible.

We will keep you informed by email as we receive more information.

Well they held true to their word and have kept me well informed and have stayed in contact. This last September they notified me that they would be accepting the exam from other providences. But that they  now had a new option which as they said in their email was to:

 Skip the step of SEC assessment and

·   Complete the full Bridging education program satisfactory to the Registrar.
Bridging education, which includes theory and skills lab courses and a supervised clinical experience will provide you with opportunities to learn about nursing in Canada and help you acquire the knowledge and skills needed for practice in the Canadian health care system.  Mount Royal University (MRU) in Calgary, Alberta offers a full Bridging program in nursing

So I chose the bridge program. I have been informed that I  have been conditionally accepted pending the arrival of my language requirement, which CARNA has assured me is on its way to the university. 

So why the Chicken or the egg question???????
Our current plan is for all of us to go to Canada when I go for school. The Canadian immigration system allows the spouse of a student visa holder to get an automatic work permit and the children can go and enter the school system. It all sounds pretty strait forward and the only thing we are seeing that may be a complication is highlited in yellow. . 

Who is eligible to study in Canada?

These requirements apply to everyone who wishes to study in Canada, whether or not you need a study permit. To study in Canada, you must:
  • Have been accepted to a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada,
  • Have proof that you have enough money to pay for your:

    • tuition fees,
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members (spouse or common-law partner and/or dependent children) who come with you to Canada (According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines in addition to the cost of tuition fees, you will require approximately $10 000 per year to cover your living expenses. If your dependants are planning to accompany or join you, you will require an additional $4 000 for the first dependant, and $3 000 for each subsequent dependant), and
    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • Be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • Be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary, and
  • Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

The thing is we are planning on Issac working and acourding to these amounts and how much the school costs we can make it if he can get a job making at least 3,000 a month. But here is the chicken or egg situation. Right now we cant prove we have this income in order to get the visa until he gets a job offer. But will they give him the job offer without the visa? 
This is our next step... Any sugestions, or even better anyone close to Calgary area want to give my hubby a job offer????
In all seriousness what we need most from our loved ones at this point is prayer for guidance and prayers of thanksgiving for the things God is going to do in order to flatten this speed bump or help us over it. 
Thanks for keeping up with our journey through life. I love sharing with you all and most of all I love getting your feed back. Please give me your ideas, comments, ext.