Sunday, October 30, 2011

Missing HR

So I think its safe for me to explain a few things that happened to us over the last few months. First I want to say to all of you who are thinking of getting a job down here. Always remember if there are not benefits and they are paying you cash that you will be getting pushed around quite a bit. We got hired on to a place some time ago and at the beginning we were told they would help me with my work permit and that we would be getting all the benifits (seguro, infonavit, a savings, ext.). After quite a while we realized this wasn't going to happen. On top of all that the lady who was in charge of the administration had it out for me, and she happend to also be the "HR" person. As you can imagine we were in quite a bind. I dont really want to go into to much more detail on that subject just because Im so spent on it and just done with the whole thing.

The good news is that a week ago I started as a nurse at a hospital and have my work permit. Actually it turns out I didnt really even need a permit. My FM2 is familiar so all I had to do was notify them that I am working. It was the same type of thing as for when we move.

Right now Im just getting to know the place and how things work. The idea is that I will help them to get their Joint Commission Certification. It is a great hospital but when it comes to JCI we have a long road ahead of us. Im excited to be back in the hospital, and if you have been reading my blog long you know how much I missed nursing. I actually get off work at a decent time now and I hope to get some more blogging and reading in.

We have recently meet some new friends who we are quickly growing close to. He is here to go to Medical School and his girl friend is here with him. The greatest thing is that my husband and I both get along with them so well. And of course they adore my girls. lol Its nice to because we know they are not going anywhere for a few years.

Last night we celebrated Halloween and I plan to blog about that also. But in case I dont get a chance you can check out Jackies blog http://thevacafamily.blogspot.com/2011/10/twas-night-before-halloween.html

I do have some more pics, and if you check out her page that is my middle one in her undies. She really was dressed up for a little while but she is just and undies girl and when you live somewhere that isnt cold why not let them run around half naked if they want. lol

More to come. I hope soon.

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Glad that you are happy to be back to work, but still have some time for you and your family. Looks like all the kids had a great time at the party. Happy Halloween. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a horrible ordeal. Jobs like that really tick me off. BUT...I am really glad to hear that you're now working at a hospital and back to to doing what you love...nursing! :)

    Miss you and hope to see you back in Blogland. :) (((Abrazos!)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an ex-pat can be tough....I'm sorry you've suffered.are suffering- I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how I stumbled on to your blog but I just wanted to say a quick thank you! I am moving to the gdl area soon because of immigration issues with my husband and I cannot tell you how much better it makes me feel to know that there's others who have gone through this. I love my us of a but will love my new mx! Thanks and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie- Thanks for being angry with me somehow it makes me feel better. ;) Now we are just waiting to see if they will finish paying us our finiquito which they were suppose to give us on the 15th and we still have not seen.

    Lisa-I hope to be back on and writing a lot more often

    Jennifer- Really Im doing ok, the first year or so I felt like such a victim but now I just know its life and you have to deal with stupid people no matter where you live. ;)

    MsML- Nice to meet you I will for sure look up your profile and once you get down here maybe we can meet up and I can help you to make your move a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MsML I like the idea so much I already joined your blog, so Ill be waiting for your first post. Oh and dont read to much of my first ones they are a little sad. But I was in a small town with not much help when I moved here so if you do read them take all that into account. lol

    ReplyDelete