Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pascue

So Easter this year was much more homey than last year. We did have a good time at home last year but there was no going to visit family and doing egg hunts last year. This year we were welcomed to a friends ranch. There were other Americans there who truly appreciated why we were gathering. One even said to me on greeting, "he is risen" ....
HE IS RISEN INDEED. I said with a huge smile and almost tears in my eyes.
If you ask Alana why we celebrate she will tell you its because Jesus is alive and he loves us. She blessed me so many times the weeks coming up to Easter when we learning Gods word together. Once when she was cutting and pasting (this outside of class time)she said look what I made mommy. And I didn't even have to guess or ask what it was. She had taped together two pieces of foam to make a cross and put a hill under it. She said its a cross for Jesus mommy. I said oh and he isn't on there. She looked at me so serious like what are you thinking and she said no because he is alive and in my heart. I know she doesn't fully understand what it means to have Jesus in our hearts and about having a relationship with him but some day I know she will and the thought of that day brings me to tears. We watched The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe the day before Easter and I think it helped her to understand the story we had been talking about. I'm always sure to tell her what is pretend and what is real but with this one I told her the animals and stuff are pretend but what happened is a lot like the real story.
Anyway I just wanted to be clear that the eggs and the ranch were not all we did for Easter, here are some pictures. We grilled burgers and the funny thing is the guy whos ranch we were at is American and married to a Mexican, he kept saying"its been so long since Iv had grilled burgers." Like most people who live here they hardly ever grill. This is something that I just don't get. In a place where the weather is almost always perfect for grilling and its to hot to cook inside so why not buy or make a cheap grill and grill outside. They had this awesome brick built grill my gosh is it was so yummy. We did our egg hunt out there and got some pretty pictures of my girls and our little family. They even got a little tub of water out for the girls to play in. They love having the girls out there and its always hard to leave. I am truly blessed to have these people in my life.









6 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful story. and I love the first photo it is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind on my blogs (and forget about mine, I haven't written in months.) Just wanted to say that it was nice to see the pictures. The birthday party looks like fun, too bad your mil has a cabeza de burro. And your Easter sounds great too. Love that picture of the whole family. Your girls are so pretty. And that white dress is gorgeous on you- what a hot momma (English or Spanish.)And of course hubby looks great, too. Wish I knew a few Americans around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! that picture of joslin staring down tinkerbell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Lion The Witch & the Wardrobe!!

    When the new movie came out, I had to explain to my Mexican friends what the story meant. They were surprised that hadn't caught it, bc it's so obvious once you know!

    as I kid, I watched the old BBC version. Did you see that one? Where Lucy had a lisp??

    Your kids are adorable! And I agree with Karen that the white dress looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gringation- I havent seen the BBC one but I had heard of it. So glad you were able to explain it.
    Alice- I know that picture makes me laugh every time I see it.
    Karen-glad you liked the pictures I really am trying to do a better job with it. And it is so nice to have met the Americans.
    PV thanks

    ReplyDelete