Monday, October 19, 2009

Will I ever learn....

to procrastinate even a little. I'm always so prepared and ready. I finished repacking yesterday. Yes I said repacking. I first packed about mid week to be sure of how many and which suit cases would be necessary. Then yesterday I pulled everything out and made it organized and put the last few things in that were forgotten the first time. Anything that is last min like the bathroom stuff is in a premade bag in the bathroom waiting to be thrown in the extra space left for it. Obviously I'm not totally Mexican yet because if I were I would have started last night or more like today. We have to leave the house tomorrow at 10. I have my last load of laundry in the washer, painted my nails (orange for Halloween), and showed my 3 yr old as many videos on you tube and the airport site as I could find to try and get her ready. Now what do I do with the rest of my day. I wish my hubby would have called off work to hang out with me. I'm really gonna miss him and I know he will miss me and the girls so much. I'm so stinking excited I just don't know what to do with myself today. I suppose I'll go study. Iv been reading medical articles in Spanish thanks to a great idea from a friend. The though is that if Canada doesn't work (which I don't think it will) or if we just decide to stay in Mexico, that reading medical things in Spanish would be the best way to get my language boosted enough to work. When she suggested this I thought wow that sounds like a pain and not to much fun. I've been doing it anyway, and am finding it is a lot easier and I know a lot more than I thought I would. I get a real kick out of reading medical material and I'm finding I get that kick even if its in Spanish, and actually a little more because I'm learning more. My next plan is to get some audio medical books in Spanish. Sometimes when I read a word I know what it is but when I say it out loud I'm sure if I heard someone say it I wouldn't know what it was unless they wrote it down. So I will attempt to distract my mind to day with Spanish.

8 comments:

  1. Have a nice trip Amanda. My wife Gina and I will be thinking about you and praying for your safe return. Have some fun and try to relax and just go with the flow. ¡Cuídense mucho! Aquí te esperamos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be wishing you a safe and fun trip! Make sure to take lots of pictures for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying your trip to the US! Just returned from mine, it was so great to be back there and see family and friends. Hope you get to do the same. How long will you be gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone Im having a great time with family, and actually finding that the things I thought I missed so much are not as wonderfull as my memory had made them out to be. I do believe I will be so much more comfortable with my life in Mexico after this visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I just found your blog and will have to sit down and read it more to see how much more we have in common! When I learned Spanish, I was taking classes and working at a doctor's office so I could ask if you had an ear ache or if you need to schedule a pap smear, but I could barely have a real conversation! Bendiciones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,
    Hi, I found your site through Julia. I am not really sure how I found her site, but somehow I did and it took me to yours. My husband is from Cuernavaca Morelos near Mexico City, very nice place. Well we are in the same boat with immigration and your site really just gives me hope! I would love to email and be in touch. It really helps to have a new friend who understands what I am going through. I am really having a hard time right now, but in 7 days I will be back in Mexico, which is the story of my life. I am going to try to get a blog page and keep in touch but not sure, maybe I can meet more people. Email when you have time if you would like bella_amore22@hotmail.com
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im back and will be posting a new post soon. Abby nice to meet you I hope you checked out my other followers because there are lots of girls on here who will understand what you are going through. Ill e-mail you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amanda, I work with Christians for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (http://faithandimmigration.com/), and we're looking for people who are willing to share their stories--to bring the human element back to the immigration issue. Could you email me back if you're interested (jfung@sojo.net)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete