Saturday, July 17, 2010

confident in Gods care

This morning I woke up to a minor irritation. I hate to admit it but I usually check my e-mail and such before I do my bible study in the mornings. And today it was a good thing. Anyway it helped and touched me so much today I thought Id share it on my blog. Truly this reading has helped me also because I am often scared about the birth of this baby. And to be honest its not so much the pain of not having the epidural as knowing I will not have any loved ones in the room with me. Often prayer is what gets me from thinking on it to much. I'm thankful that my God is a comforter and that he can give me the confidence that I could never have on my own. If I let myself take control I am weak and fearful, but; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me John 3:16. I have come to rely so deeply on him I'm not sure how I would take my next breath without him. Here is the reading I had for today.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles Psalm 34:17
When faith seems difficult, we struggle to understand its privileges. Trials conceal the truth concerning the benefits that come with being God´s child.
Unbelief obscures the tender care he has for his children. After all, nonbelievers would find it hard to believe that God cared much for their greatest problems, much less the intimate details of their day. Only with faith comes the certainty of love.
As God´s children, you can be confident He cares for every trouble, even the small, irritating ones that still ruin a day in seconds.
Face the loss of a loved one or a minor argument with the same confidence: God cares for you r troubles. Cry out softly or shout it from the roof tops, and He will hear.

Lord, You have shown Your love in so many ways, yet we still miss the point. Thank You for the privilege of coming to You with even our small irritation.

From God´s word for Couples devotions for growing together.

11 comments:

  1. Remeber that the Lord is with you always, so you are never alone. I know though that it must be scary facing birth without your husband there. Why do they have that rule? Good for you for trusting God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come across as harsh and accusative though it's not my intention--I don't know you but, you begin to think you know someone after following a blog long enough. I think you share too much and will be judged (not in a magisterial way) by what and how you write. I appologize for offending. I hope you won't regret anything you post online as I have.

    Regards,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused by the previous comment. Will you be judged for talking about God and your faith? I don't get it. Anyway, I enjoyed reading the post, and I can well imagine why facing the birth of your baby without the presence of those close to you would be frightening. But I'm sure you have the strength to do it, and, like you wrote here, the Lord will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margherita- in her comment above she is referring to a mean and offensive comment she left on my previous post, which in all honesty if you read it the intentions are clear and not good. She feels that because I "write like a 5th grader" that my blog posts will somehow come back to haunt me and my children. I think its insane and dont plan to stop writing any time soon.
    I'm glad you liked the post. For sure God has helped me through some scary times and I keep telling myself it wont last more than a couple days at them most. ;) I still need to ask them if my husband or family will be allowed to visit after the baby is born, I'm not sure on that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Your blog is going to come back to haunt your children?! that is funny. If anything it will be a resource to them for knowing you and themselves better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am pregnant again to and to be honest scared Shitless. I dont work and my husband just left his job to start his own company and its tough. I keep praying but then I find myself freaking out during the day. I need a job, what will he do, we cant afford another baby and so on. I feel your stress believe me. Hey if you want me to mail you the recipes for the rice dishes I can do that easy. Just send me an email with your address in it... to.... quiltandbehappy@hotmail.com Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Amy, if you don't like the blog, don't read it. Amanda, I personally enjoy your blog. I am amazed and encouraged by your strength and faith. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - ¨Amy´´, if you don´t like any of our blogs...why are you reading them? You are lucky that Amanda is praying for you... I wouldn´t waste my time.

    Amanda - You are on brave chica, and I know you can do this. I, on the otherhand couldn´t. Your faith will help you through it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Amy, Amanda writes from her heart. You feel like you're sitting at her kitchen table with her right in front of you when you read her posts. Keep it up Amanda! I know I'm not the only who LOVES your style of writing and your subject matter too. As for you Amy, hmmm, I think you might want to be careful about the comments YOU post because they might come back to haunt you later on in your life. Who are you and where are you? Would you like to share that with us? Obviously you're NOT in Mexico and obviously you don't have a clue as to the challenges involved in living here. Because if you did, you'd realize that what Amanda shares with us here are pure and golden little gems of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Amy, Amanda writes from her heart. You feel like you're sitting at her kitchen table with her when you read her posts. Keep it up Amanda! I know I'm not the only who LOVES your style of writing and your subject matter too. As for you Amy, hmmm, I think you might want to be careful about the comments YOU post because they might come back to haunt YOU later on in your life. Who are you and where are you? Would you like to share that with us? Obviously you're NOT in Mexico and obviously you don't have a clue as to the challenges involved in living here. Because if you did, you'd realize that what Amanda shares with us here are pure and golden little gems of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margherita- One prayer I have is to always be open and honest with my girls so I think your right and reading this will help them know my life better. Iv always loved to hear about my moms life when I was small or even from before, I hope they are the same. Its good for kids to see all parts of their parents even the broken parts so they dont feel the need to be perfect.
    Wonderful life I hope you got my e-mail if not comment back and Ill see if I typed something wrong.
    Planner- Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes after comments such as these I need it.
    Mexican time- Thanks for the confidence, I just keep repeating its only a couple days, no more than a couple days. And if its anything like Joslin hopefully it wont be more than 12 hours.
    Gail you are really to sweet thank you for the kind words. Rebecca had put a quote on fb the other day about how simple words sometimes can help so much and its true.
    Thanks ladies for all your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete