Monday, October 20, 2008

Meeting Issac

After coming close to slipping back into my old lifestyle, I finally found a church that I could call home. It had been almost 2 years that I had been in St. Louis without a good support system. As soon as I visited this church, I knew that I had found the place that I could grow. I decided to become a regular to the Sunday night meetings. Three months later, the pastor’s parents threw a Fourth of July party at their house. This is where I met the love of my life. I still get excited when I think of how his smile made me feel that night. He told me of how he use to work with his mom at an orphanage in Mexico and told me stories of the children there. That night before I left, I remember him shaking my hand with both hands and sincerely saying, “I hope we keep seeing you around.” I found this kind and amusing considering that I’d been a regular for a few months and had never seen him. Later we found out we both started going to Joshua House around the same time but we attended different meetings.

Needless to say, the more we were around each other, the more we realized how compatible we were. Within a month, we began dating. I told him the night that he expressed his sincere interest in getting to know me through a dating relationship that I only dated to find someone to marry. This would be my focus for dating. He agreed that this was his goal also. At the time, I honestly thought, “Right, that’s what they all say.” But only a week or two into dating he was asking me how I planned to raise my children in relation to church and other important topics. I was pleasantly surprised at how much we had in common. Issac swept me off my feet and anyone who was close to me at the time could see the difference that he made in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment