Monday, October 20, 2008

The proposal

I had already decided I wanted to marry Issac and I told him at one point that I would visit my husband in Mexico but I didnt think I would visit a boyfriend. In February of 2005 we decided I needed to meet some of Issacs family. He had already meet my immediate family and regardless of his legal status they all loved him. Issac and I took a road trip down to Houston and met some of his Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. I was a little nervous because I was pretty sure this was what Issac was weighing his final decisions about marrying me on. Things went great. I loved his family and it appeared the loved me to. On the way home in the car after some amount of silence Issac said,"Im ready."
"What?" I said.
"I want to marry you." Then he turned to me, "Will you marry me?"
I just smiled and said, "You know I will."
As soon as we got back to St. Louis we went and got my ring at a pawn shop and he reproposed to me, again in the car, in the parking lot of the pawn shop. We were both so excited we couldnt wait any longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment