Monday, October 20, 2008

Waiting on the Visa apointment

This is a section from Issac,
January came. I missed my wife’s birthday, valentines day, we missed our second wedding anniversary; I missed my daughters first birthday as well.Still, no news on the visa appointment.At this point, we had been apart for 8 months. It was quiet. Every time we would try to contact the embassy, all they would say is, “we will let you know”.It was so frustrating. We never knew what would happen or when. By September ’07 the appointment date was finally set. It was set for November 1st ’07. I was ready. I have never been so anxious for anything in my entire life.I was going home. We had been waiting on this appointment for a long, long, time.I remember talking to people and hearing them saying something like; “Oh, it’s been a year and a half already? It sure went by fast” that would totally crush me inside, since that year and a half was the worst time of my life, and it felt like 10 years.It was finally here. I was to go to the embassy in Cd Juarez, apply for a visa and get denied because i had been in the states illegally.After that, my wife would be able to apply for a citizen hardship waiver”.This would allow my return to the united state to be with my wife and child, as our separation was an obvious hardship on her as well as Alana. It was to be a routine process.

No comments:

Post a Comment